1/11/2020 0 Comments
I am in no way affiliated with the book or Dr. Joseph Pizzorno. I came across the book in my own detoxification process. I'm only halfway through the process at this time. I believe it is very important for everyone to read this book in great detail. My only hope is to help others suffering from the effects of PFAs, HABAs, etc.
Pulled from "The Toxin Solution" by Dr. Joseph Pizzorno
You can find the PART ONE of this blog here.
This sequence is carefully designed to safely take you through the process of decreasing toxin exposure preparing your organs responsible for getting toxins out of your body and a final one week intense protocol to help your cells release toxins so they can be eliminated.
Consult with your physician before beginning the protocol and do not begin the final week intensive detoxification before preparing your body to eliminate the toxins.
The following only include a few key elements from each protocol.
Week 1 and 2:
The purpose of these two weeks is to decrease your exposure to toxins and much as possible.
Week 3 and 4:
This protocol helps clean up your gut, a major source of toxins for most people.
Weeks 5 and 6:
Preparing your liver, the major organ of detoxification, is critical for handling the toxins as they are released.
Weeks 7 and 8:
The kidneys are the second most important detoxification. And typically show the most damage over time from toxin exposure. Improving their function is critical for toxin elimination and long term health.
- Carefully avoid all kidney-damaging agents like NSAIDs, salt, and phosphates.
- Take the herbs ginkgo biloba, ginger, and gotu kola.
- Take NAC (N-acetyl cysteine).
- Take mineral citrates.
- Drink beet juice twice a day.
- Drink plenty of CLEAN water.
- Eat blueberries.
This protocol should not be implemented until the protocols preparing your organs of elimination have been completed. It is very important that you do not release toxins until your body is ready. During this week, which you can repeat as often as you want once your body is ready, you will intensely release toxins. IF you become too uncomfortable, and certainly if you feel sick, please slow down the process by decreasing the length and frequency of saunas and eating more calories.
- Eat an alkalinizing diet. (Page 189)
- Consume 500 to 1,000 fewer calories a day.
- Drink green drinks.
- Take regular, long saunas while drinking extra water and taking electrolytes.
- Get a massage each week on the protocol.
1/11/2020 2 Comments
*Link to part 2 is below.
Excerpt from "The Toxin Solution" by Dr. Joseph Pizzorno
"While lifestyle, diet, and genetics all play a major role in your health, symptoms of declining health and chronic disease often start with toxic overload. Toxic overload may consist of any or all of the following:
1. Industrial toxins, such as heavy metals, pollution, and radiation release by industrial activities.
2. Agricultural toxins, such as pesticides, hormones, and herbicides.
3. Household toxins from building materials, rugs, paint, and cleaning supplies.
4. Toxins in personal care products, including health and beauty aids (HABAs), perfumes and cosmetics.
5. Food toxins, like genetically modified organisms (GMOs), food coloring, artificial flavors and artificial sweeteners.
6. Other consumer- product toxins, such as a flame retardants in children's clothing, toys, and blankets; sealants in cookware and more.
While we take many of these types of products and services for granted, the substances they contain (or generate) can harm our bodies in numerous ways. Fortunately, not every toxin is harmful to every bodily organ or system. Toxic effects can be major or minor.
General types of toxicity and symptoms:
* Respiratory: Affecting the nose, throat and lungs. Common symptoms include irritation, coughing, choking and tight chest.
* Gastrointestinal: Affecting the stomach and intestines. Common symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
* Renal: Affection the kidneys. Common symptoms include back pain, urinating more or less than usual.
* Neurological: Affecting the brain and spinal cord. Common symptoms include headache, dizziness, confusion, depression, coma, convulsions and memory loss.
* Hematological: Affecting the blood. Common symptoms include anemia, tiredness, weakness, frequent infections.
* Dermatological: Affecting the skin and eyes. Common Symptoms include rashes, itching, redness, swelling.
* Reproductive: Affecting ovaries, testes and fetus. Common symptoms include infertility, miscarriage, menstrual cycle disruption.
How Toxins Cause Disease:
1) Toxin poison enzymes so they don't work properly. Our bodies are enzyme engines. Every physiological function depends on enzymes to manufacture molecules, produce energy, and create cell structures. Toxins damage enzymes and thus undermine countless bodily functions-- inhibiting the production if hemoglobin in the blood, for example, or lowering the body's capacity to precent the free-radical damage that accelerates aging.
2) Toxins displace structural minerals, resulting in weaker bones. People need to maintain healthy bone mass for lifelong mobility. When toxins displace the calcium present in bone, there is a twofold effect: weaker skeletal structures and increased toxins, released by bone loss, which circulate throughout the body.
3) Toxins damage nearly all the organs and systems. The Toxin Solution will focus specifically on the detox organs. If your digestive tract, liver and kidneys are so toxic they are unable to detox effectively, your detoxification will backfire, and your body will remain toxic.
4) Toxins damage DNA, which increases the rate of aging and degeneration. Many commonly used pesticides, phthalates, improperly detoxified estrogens, and products containing benzene damage DNA.
5) Toxins modify gene expression. Our genes switch off and on to adapt to changes in our bodies and the outer environment. But many toxins activate or suppress our genes in undesirable ways. The results are not only individual health problems but also effects that span generations.
6) Toxins damage cell membranes so they don't respond properly. "Signaling" in the body happens in the cell membranes. Damage to these membranes prevents them from getting important messages - insulin not signaling the cells to absorb more sugar, for example, or muscle cells not responding to the message from magnesium to relax.
7) Toxins interfere with hormones and cause imbalances. Toxins induce, inhibit, mimic, and block hormones. One example" Arsenic disrupts thyroid hormone receptors on the cells, so the cells don't get the message from the thyroid hormones that cause them to rev up metabolism. The result is inexplicable fatigue.
8) Last but not least, toxins actually impair your ability to detoxify... and this is the worst problem of all.
The half-life measures how long it takes for 50% of a substance to be cleared from the body.
Arsenic: 2-4 Days (CDC)
Benzine: 0.5- 1 day
Bromide: 12 days
Cadmium: 16 years
Chlordane: 3-4 days
DDT: 6-10 years
Dieldrin: 2-12 months
Formaldayde: 80-90 min in ambient air
Lead: 1-1.5 months (2-30 years in bone)
Mercury: 2 months (CDC)
PCBs: 2-30 years
Toluene: 0.5 - 3 days
Toxic Troubleshooter: Have you been exposed to toxins?
1) Do you regularly eat processed foods?
2) Do you regularly eat conventionally raised produce, meat, and dairy?
3) Do you eat farm-raised fish?
4) Do you eat large (i.e., mercury-contaminated) fish?
5) Do you consume high fructose corn syrup?
6) Do you use more than two health and beauty products per day?
7) Do you live in a house that contains lead pipes or copper plumbing soldered with lead (built prior to 1978)?
8) Are your home, home furnishings, or home finishes (like paint and sealants) new and outgassing chemicals?
9) Do you or your family come into contact with flame resistant clothing or furnishings sprayed with products to prevent stains?
10) Do you live in a house or work in a building that has mold?
11) Do you have mercury amalgam fillings? How many?
12) Are there mercury- emitting coal-using plants or cement manufacturing plants in your region?
13) Are there fracking wells and/or pipelines in your region? Does it have a poor safety record?
14) Is there a nuclear power plant in your region? Does it have a poor safety record?
15) Are the water and air in your region polluted?
16) If you currently have symptoms, when did they first start?
17) What happened to you in the months prior?
18) When did you last feel well?
19) What makes you feel better?
20) What makes you feel worse?
21) What about medication? Did your symptoms begin shortly after you started taking a new medication?
The Toxin Solution: http://thetoxinsolution.com/
PART 2: Detoxing Safely